[j-nsp] LDP host address prefix

OY S oys444 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 12:56:04 EST 2003

Mahadesha,

I have run into the same problem with M10, JUNOS 6.0

Were you able to find out if juniper indeed does or
does not support host address FECs? And if it does,
what needs to be done?

I have also noticed from the trace output that after
decoding Label Mapping message, it reports that the
received FEC type is invalid (0), but the decoding
itself is fine: it is able to recognize FEC type 3
(Host)

More generic question: what is the difference in
treating Host Address FECs and Address Prefix FEC with
the full address?

Thank you,
OY