[j-nsp] autonomous-system loop

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Mon Nov 17 14:01:10 EST 2003

Wayne E Bouchard writes:

> Please not that if you use the as-override, you're not protected on
> your other links.

Not sure which entity you are refering too... 'as-override' (applied
on AS3) replaces the customer as w/ the provider as. As such it does
not change in any way the loop detection mechanism in the provider
network and it avoids having to have the customer network (AS2 in this
case) set 'loops' to 2.

> You'll probably want to set up an as-path filter
> to make sure you don't receive your own routes except from those
> places where you INTENT to receive them. (prefix filter might even
> be better so you can only accept the specific instances you're
> after.)

The issues that you are raising would show up by configuring 'loops 2'
on AS2... not by doing as-override, afaik.

  Pedro.