[j-nsp] Firewall filter help.

Mike Sumrall msumrall at ic2net.net
Fri Nov 21 16:12:24 EST 2003

Hello all,

I am new to this List and also the Juniper.  I have just installed a
customer that uses about 70M worth of B/W.  Since I am running a multi-homed
BGP environment and, I only have B/W to support 70M worth of traffic on one
of my providers, I need to hard code this new customer to that provider.
Not knowing what the best way to do this is, I decided to implement a
firewall filter (not sure what other options I have?).  I already had a
firewall set up for another customer (filter AAA below) which seemed to work
just fine so I figured that I could do the same thing but, every time I
apply the filter to my customers interface all of their traffic goes to
zero.  I've checked all of my resources for help but to no avail.  I am
running Juniper M10 with ver 5.6r1.3.  Filter AAA seems to work fine, filter
CCC (what I am trying to implement) does not work.  This may be simple to
you guys but I am stumped.  I know I must be doing something wrong but I
cannot figure it out, Please help.  Thanks in advance.

Juno# show firewall
family inet {
    filter AAA {
        term main {