[j-nsp] Problem with OSPF route summarization

Niaz, Wajahat Wajahat.Niaz at dsl.net
Thu Oct 9 23:33:44 EDT 2003

Hi all

I am having problem with route summarization in an NSSA area. Here is my
configuration

area 0.0.0.300 {

    nssa {

        default-lsa default-metric 1;

        no-summaries;

    }

    area-range 10.10.0.0/19;

    area-range 192.168.1.0/24;

    authentication-type md5

    interface ge-0/3/0.102 {

        metric 1;

All the routers in area 0.0.0.300 are redistributing static into OSPF and
the juniper is sending two summary blocks into area 0. But the routing
tables of any area0 router is still showing smaller subnets instead of just
summarized routes ie 10.10.0.0/19 and 192.168.1.0/24. Looks like the juniper
is not doing the right thing and it is propagating all the routes from area
0.0.0.300 to area0. The version of code I am running is 5.3R1.2. Does anyone
know what I have done wrong in the configuration or there is a bug in the
code.

Thanks in Advance

Waj