[j-nsp] M10 PIC: GE LX vs SX

Nemo Semret nemo at invisiblehand.net
Thu Oct 30 16:01:24 EST 2003

Hello,

Sorry if this is a "RTFM" question. But I've been searching for the last
couple of days and cannot find the answer, and it is now very urgent.

I want to add a GigE PIC to a Juniper M10.  I am wondering, will it work
if I connect a  PE-1GE-LX to a cisco switch with an LX GBIC without
anything else?

My concern is that the distance is very short (fibre is less than 20 ft
in length), and I've heard that LX requires an attenuator for short
distances.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

	-nemo

P.S.  The GBIC is a Cisco WS-G5486 1000 Base LX/LH, and the switch is a
Cisco 3550 if that matters.

--
Invisible Hand Networks, Inc.  http://www.invisiblehand.net
670 Broadway, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10012