[j-nsp] BGP export

Dave Aaldering dave at virtu.nl
Thu Apr 15 03:18:28 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 08:54:38AM +0200, Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) wrote:

Hi Jonas,

> we are currently using static routes on our Juniper and therefore a
> static export policy. However, now we need to connect a customer
> directly to our Juniper and i have to deaggregate our /18 and slice his
> net out of it. Since we are exporting the static table, BGP would now
> announce alot of small deaggregated blocks, which is not what we'd like
> to have.
> Whats the best way to still rip out a say /24 out of the /18 and still
> announce the /18 to all peers? This shouldnt be much of a problem,
> however i cant figure out howto do it.

Please have a look at configuring aggregate routes:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos62/swconfig62-routing/html/routing-tables-config24.html#1017501

It is even possible to make exporting aggregates conditional, you can
for instance decide to only export the aggregate on a certain BGP
enabled node if you receive prefix x.x.x.x/y through your IGP.

Regards,

Dave Aaldering
Virtu Secure Webservices

--