[j-nsp] problem on GRE interfaces

rasmus (posts) lom at doruk.net.tr
Thu Apr 22 09:18:54 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

We have some customers that we talk BGP over GRE interfaces,
in all customers we have traffic problems,

customers has cisco routers and in the old topology we had cisco router
(7513),
I am migrating the GRE tunnels and also the BGP to the Juniper M7i, but
problem begins,

in both sides mtu is set and also tried mtu 1476, mtu 1514.
With both ciscos mtu 1514 is fine working.

I couldn't find anything about the problem,

the interface configurations are below:
Any one, any ideas ?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Rasmus Levent Ogut

cisco configuration :
!!!!!!!!!! in both sides this configuration is active and works without any
problems

interface Tunnel3

 ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
 ip mtu 1514
 tunnel source x.x.x.x
 tunnel destination x.x.x.x
end

juniper configuration
!!!!!!!! with this configuration we had traffic problems
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 description "xxxxxxxxxxx"
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 traps
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 tunnel source x.x.x.x
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 tunnel destination x.x.x.x
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 family inet mtu 1514
set interfaces gr-1/2/0 unit 3 family inet address x.x.x.x/30