[j-nsp] LDP breaks at MPLS/VPN Backbone

Maher Adib maher at pd.jaring.my
Sat Apr 24 09:10:21 EDT 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 9:17 PM, <Jack.W.Parks at alltel.com> wrote:

> In simple terms, LDP will converge as fast as your IGP can converge.
> Look into Bidirectional Forwarding Detection Protocol (on Juniper) to
> speed convergence time.  As far as Fast Reroute, you need to understand
> the topology requirements of fast reroute and deploy RSVP for
> signaling.
>

> Jack

Thanks for your info.

BTW, does BFDP will glue together with IP routing and LDP? Since
RFC2547 still refer to IGP eventhough there is a LDP break in the
MPLS/VPN Backbone core router. We have this sort of experience with our
router card which consider to be hardware failure. Of course if I'm
running OSPF, it will choose the shortest path since the shortest path
already LDP break, perhaps it will create blackholing in PE routing
table.

On juniper devices and configuration, how can we escalate such a simple
mechanism whereby it can re-route to another available paths when there
is LDP break in the core?

thank you very much.

regards,

maher