[j-nsp] Adaptive Services Pic II and IPv6?

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Tue Aug 3 04:37:24 EDT 2004

Hi Jochen,

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Jochen Kaiser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we run a M5 today and are a bit disappointed about the means the box
> offers to filter IPv6.
>
> Since the box itself has to few pic slots, we think about an upgrade
> to a M7i (with integrated GE) or even an M10.
>
> We think about either:
> - buying an M7i, if there is a plan (roadmap) when Junos will support
>  the filtering of IPv6 tcp header options to implement something
>  known as 'established' - is there a plan when it will be supported?

I asked the implementation of TCP header options for IPv6 from Juniper
representatives. The answer was, they can implement it if there is enough
demand from the market. So ask your customer representatives for this
feature and we can persuade them to do it. Probably in the next release?

> - buying an additional ASP II if it supports IPv6 filter

I think AS PIC-II can help only defining very larges set of services and
have to support large number of accounted flows.

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98