[j-nsp] Adaptive Services Pic II and IPv6?

Jochen Kaiser Jochen.Kaiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 2 16:33:38 EDT 2004

Hello,

we run a M5 today and are a bit disappointed about the means the box
offers to filter IPv6.

Since the box itself has to few pic slots, we think about an upgrade
to a M7i (with integrated GE) or even an M10.

We think about either:
- buying an M7i, if there is a plan (roadmap) when Junos will support
  the filtering of IPv6 tcp header options to implement something
  known as 'established' - is there a plan when it will be supported?
- buying an additional ASP II if it supports IPv6 filter
- or giving it up to use IPv6 with Juniper

Does anyone has facts about when it will be possible to filter
tcp options with Junos or if the ASP II can filter IPv6?

regards,
Jochen
--
Dipl. Inf. Jochen Kaiser, GPG 0x3C93A870, phone +49 9131 85-28681
Network Administration  mailto:jochen.kaiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Regionales Rechenzentrum Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg, Germany
Homepage and PublicKey: http://ipv6.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/~unrz111