[j-nsp] OSPF error

variable at ednet.co.uk variable at ednet.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 11:08:29 EDT 2004

Hi all,

We've got a few M-40's that have been happily co-existing with some Cisco
and Lucent Portmaster 3 boxes on our network for the past couple of years.
However, this afternoon the portmasters and one of the M-40's have
suddenly stopped talking to each other (which happens to be the DR).
Configuration changes to the M-40 have been minimal (added an interface,
removed some blocked IPs from a firewall - no OSPF changes):

Apart from the portmasters and the one M-40, everything else is
Full/Two-way, including the portmasters with other M-40s.

In the OSPF logs for the M-40, we're seeing the following message:

Aug 11 13:51:01 ppmd_ospf_sendmsg : socket 10 len 32, ifl 67 src
w.x.y.z dst a.b.c.d rtbl idx 0 errno 1

Where w.x.y.z is the M-40 and a.b.c.d is one of the portmasters.  I'm
going to open a case with Juniper, but because that's through a 3rd party
here in the UK it will be a while before someone at Juniper has a look at
it.

Have anyone seen this error before and/or can give us a translation on
what it's complaining about?

Cheers,

Rich