[j-nsp] OSPF error

James Sneeringer james+juniper at vincentsystems.com
Tue Aug 17 22:09:02 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 04:08:29PM +0100, variable at ednet.co.uk wrote:
> We've got a few M-40's that have been happily co-existing with some Cisco
> and Lucent Portmaster 3 boxes on our network for the past couple of years.
> However, this afternoon the portmasters and one of the M-40's have
> suddenly stopped talking to each other (which happens to be the DR).
> Configuration changes to the M-40 have been minimal (added an interface,
> removed some blocked IPs from a firewall - no OSPF changes):

Some versions of ComOS have an OSPF bug that causes the PM3 to stop
talking to its neighbors.  Supposedly it was fixed in 3.9, but we still
see it occasionally with 3.9.1c1 (final official release from Lucent).
We mostly see it when the switch it's on gets rebooted.  The fix is to
do a "reset ospf" on the PM3.

You might also find the portmaster-users list useful.  You can subscribe
at http://www.portmasters.com/mailman/listinfo/portmaster-users .

-James