[j-nsp] ospf virtual link and rsvp lsp

Raymond Cheh rcheh at juniper.net
Wed Aug 11 13:49:39 EDT 2004

Ah, I see where you got the page now. The one I quoted is in the OSPF
Overview and the
one here is in the OSPF Configuration Guideline section.

The short answer is no, you don't need rsvp lsp to set up the
virtual-link as long as
the end-points are reachable between the 2 routers.

Having an lsp allows you to control the path the virtual-link is set up
because
with the lsp between the 2 routers of the virtual-link endpoints, it
provides the
most direct path for the virtual-link to go through.

Hope this helps.

Raymond