[j-nsp] Cross-Connect RFC1483 to Ethernet on M-Series?

Jens Kuehlers kuehlers at schlund.net
Wed Aug 18 10:01:20 EDT 2004

Hi!

We have a DSLAM which sends Ethernet encapsulated in ATM VCs (RFC1483)
which is connected to an ATM-SMIR PIC (ATM1) on a M-Series router.

I was able to terminate these VCs on the Juniper using the encapsulation
"ether-over-atm-llc" and ping the Juniper from the PC on the other side.

Now I wanted to do a cross-connect and send the Ethernet which is
encapsulated in the ATM VC out to a FE-port of a 4-FE PIC. I was able to
see all kinds of strange packets coming out of the FE-port but wasn't
able to get a working solution.

Does anybody know if this is possible with the M-Series? If yes, how
would the configuration look like?

Thanks,
Jens

--
Jens Kühlers
Schlund + Partner AG            Mail: kuehlers at schlund.net
Brauerstr. 48                   Tel:  0721/91374-0
76135 Karlsruhe                 Fax:  0721/91374-212