[j-nsp] file maintenance

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Dec 9 17:21:47 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 04:07:26PM -0600, Roberts, Michael J. (IATS) wrote:
> I have run into this problem several times, and I wanted to get some
> opinions on how to handle it.
>
> When I upgrade our M20s, I secure copy the jinstall file to the /var/tmp/
> directory on the RE.  After I am done with the install, I am left with a
> large jbundle file in the /var/tmp/ directory that is owned by root.  My
> login ID on the router has super user privelages, but I am still unable to
> delete these files.  I try doing a 'start shell' and I am still unable to
> delete the files from the shell either.  Any ideas?  Thx.

Does "file delete /var/tmp/filename" work?

Personally I'd recommend keeping the jbundle around just in case. I've
seen far too many instances of flash and those horrible ibm travelstar
drives going bad and requiring a re-copying of the package files. Also if
you move you RE between platforms, you'll need to pkg_add the jbundle
again to make it link in the correct PFE package.