[j-nsp] TE - load-balancing unequal ratios query?

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Fri Feb 6 14:21:41 EST 2004

damon.pegg at uk.easynet.net (Damon Pegg) writes:

> I'm struggling to find the nob that allows me to load-balance across LSPs
> with unequal ratios.  Can anyone put me out of my misery and let me know if
> this is not possible or where the command is?  	This is straight-forward on
> a.n.other vendor, where you simply specify a bandwidth under the tunnel
> interface (tunnel mpls traffic-eng bandwidth x .)

You can achieve this by defining N LSPs that map to one path and M
LSPs that map to another path, in order to get n:m split. Not the
ultimate in user friendly-ness..

but if you really need to achieve this it can be acomplished, at least
in simple enought scenarios:
i.e. if your example is something like 2x1M one way and 1M the other
way. This assumes a single egress nexthop that you are trying to reach.

If you are trying to reach different egresses then you can do unequal
cost load balancing via the link-bandwidth community.

  Pedro.