[j-nsp] problem with m40 harddrive

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Feb 6 18:28:08 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:58:55AM +0100, Erik Haagsman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We've been having problems with the harddrive on the RE of an M40. I've
> created a new filsystem and fsck now marks it clean, but after rebooting

I hate Travelstars. I have a pile of failed drives about 10 high from my
Thinkpads over the last few years, and another pile almost as high from
failures in RE's. I don't know what Juniper was thinking, but if you're
serious about keeping your RE working I recommend replacing them with
Toshiba drives. :)