[j-nsp] policy export in bgp question

Niaz, Wajahat Wajahat.Niaz at dsl.net
Wed Jan 21 15:46:52 EST 2004

Hello everyone

I am trying to configure a juniper for announcing our network space(like
network statements in cisco). This router has an ebgp connection to our

transit provider and its also participating in ibgp mesh. Right now I have
only one cisco that have network statements in the mesh of 15 routers and  I
want to use the juniper as a back up  in case the cisco fails. I have
created the policy for aggregrate routes and have imported it into my ebgp
group. My question is that do I need to import that policy into my IBGP
group also ? Here is what my policy looks like.

routing-options {

                        aggregate {

                                    route x.x.x.x/x passive;

                                    }

                        }

policy-options policy statement aggeregate {

                        term agg {

                                    from route-filter x.x.x.x/x exact;

                                    then accept;

                                    }