[j-nsp] Aggregate and directly connected routes (route preference)

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Mon Jan 26 22:12:24 EST 2004

If you use the 'from protocol aggregate' as your match condition and
you use advertise inactive you will only advertise the aggregates and
not the interface routes.

If you use a route filter as the match with advertise inactive then the
interface route will be advertised as the preferred route and then if
it should go down the aggregate will take its place.

Your choice.  In your case it sounds like the first choice suites your
needs best.

Gary