[j-nsp] 4CHDS3 and M40, T1 interfaces won't come up

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Jul 5 19:41:27 EDT 2004

I notice that your CT3 config shows:

interfaces {
   t3-4/3/0 {

That is not a correct config for a CT3, which is probably why you are
receiving a 'device not found' error.  All CT3 configs actually go into
the first channel on the CT3 with no-cbit-parity configured, as such:

interfaces {
   t1-4/3/0:0 {
     t3-options {
         no-long-buildout;
         no-cbit-parity;
     }
   t1-4/3/0:26 {

CT3 configs do not use the typical 't3-x/x/x' configuration of a DS3.
The M40 might actually let you set this in the config, because it lets
you configure non-existent interfaces.  Here is a link to 4.4
documentation which explains this:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos44/swconfig44-interf
aces/html/interfaces-channelized-config2.html#1031776

-eric