[j-nsp] 4CHDS3 and M40, T1 interfaces won't come up

James Sneeringer james+juniper at vincentsystems.com
Tue Jul 6 09:43:21 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 09:34:13PM -0700, K.K. Verma wrote:
> First of all please dont confuse with time-slots.
> T1 is different from E1 framing. T1 has one bit for framing, and no way
> one time-slot can be reserved for it.
> Juniper's T1 uses the standard time-slots range "1-24" defined by ANSI.

I understand this.  I was explicit with the "timeslots 1-24" statement for
clarity, because we have some customers with fractional T1 service.  I find
it convenient to have all ports as consistent as possible, even if it means
explicitly configuring the default for some ports.

> NOTE: There is no t3 interface for CHDS3 PIC. It is default channelised
> to 28 t1's (0 through 27). You need to configure t3-options under 0th
> channel, i.e. t1-x/y/z:0

I have done this.  Unfortunately, it has not resolved the problem.

> ====> Here, please make sure which 't1' channel you need to configure.
> For Juniper CT3 interface, t1 channel range is "0-27"
> I guess, you are interested to configure 26th t1-channel (or equivalent
> to 26th t1-channel of Cisco PA-CT3)

No, I'm interested in the 27th channel (#27 of 1-28), so t1-4/3/0:26 is
correct for my configuration.  Nothing to change here, so the problem
persists.

> Hope, it will make your life easy.

I'm working on it, thanks. :)

-James