[j-nsp] 4CHDS3 and M40, T1 interfaces won't come up

K.K. Verma kkverma at juniper.net
Tue Jul 6 00:34:13 EDT 2004

Hi James,

First of all please dont confuse with time-slots.
T1 is different from E1 framing. T1 has one bit for framing, and no way
one time-slot can be reserved for it.
Juniper's T1 uses the standard time-slots range "1-24" defined by ANSI.

For your original problem:

Please change the configuration as belows:

NOTE: There is no t3 interface for CHDS3 PIC. It is default channelised
to 28 t1's (0 through 27). You need to configure t3-options under 0th
channel, i.e. t1-x/y/z:0

     interfaces {
         t1-4/3/0:0 {
             description "In-house CT3 connected to mux for copper T1s";
             /* The M40 provides clock because it's more reliable than
the mux's. */
             clocking internal;
             t3-options {
                 no-long-buildout;
                 cbit-parity;
             }
         }

====> Here, please make sure which 't1' channel you need to configure.
For Juniper CT3 interface, t1 channel range is "0-27"
I guess, you are interested to configure 26th t1-channel (or equivalent
to 26th t1-channel of Cisco PA-CT3)

For Juniper, the corresponding t1 channel is 't1-x/y/z:25'

         t1-4/3/0:26 {
             description "test circuit";
             /* The network provides DS1 clocking. */
             clocking external;
             encapsulation ppp;
             t1-options {
                 timeslots 1-24;