[j-nsp] PIC hotswappable?

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Thu Jul 15 15:25:00 EDT 2004

Not sure that I follow. The M20/40 PIC requires a new faceplate for use in a
M40e. I am not sure if customers are allowed to do this. The m40 is no
longer listed because it is EOL. I can assure that M20/40 pics are the same.

4-port TX interface with RJ-45 connector:

M5, M7i, M10, M10i PE-4FE-TX

M20 P-4FE-TX

M40e, M160, M320, T320 PB-4FE-TX

<<<< Note different part numbers for M5 vs. M20 vs M40e.

A native M40-e PIC is *not* an M40 PIC, which is why you need an FPC type II
on the M40e, and why only a single such pic is supported per FPC.

Officially, hot-swap on M20 is not supported. Whether it works or not
(lacking the offline button that removes power to the PIC), is up to you and
your former maintenance contract.

Regards, and signing off this thread!

;)