[j-nsp] Juniper equivalent of Cisco redistribute in a VRF

Piotr Marecki p.marecki at swiat.pl
Wed Jul 21 06:57:02 EDT 2004

Ehlo

Actually this should work since order of operation is like
1) redistribute-connected -> export route-target -> export map ->  MP-BGP
family VPN-IPv4

My bet is that you don't include "neighbor x.x.x.x send-community both"
under family vpnv4  since by default cisco routers won't send
community attribute along with extended community for AFI/SAFI 1/128.

2)
In juniper you should add community under policy-statement that is applied
"vrf-export" under routing-instance xxxx stanza , for example
[edit policy-options policy-statement siteX-export]
term term1 {
    from protocol  direct ;
    then {
        community add siteX-inet-export;                #target:100:200
        community add community-connected;        #12345:1
        accept;
    }
}
term default {