[j-nsp] IPSEC VPN with Cisco 3660

Bosco Sachanandani Bosco.Sachanandani at orange.co.in
Wed Mar 17 23:48:07 EST 2004

hi Eric,

Though you problem is solved and maybe not directly related to this, I would like to add a small piece of info.

I have had a fair share of problems when establishing an IPSec tunnel between a Cisco box and a Juniper ES-PIC. This is mainly due to packet pre-fragmentation and the way Juniper PICs handle it (in a better way than old IOS versions do).

All new Cisco IOS releases for IPSec come with the pre-fragmentation support, though turned 'off' by default.

Maybe this link will help someone in the future......

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t13/ftprefrg.htm

regards,
Bosco