[j-nsp] aggregated route shows as REJECT

Peter löfqvist peterl at imit.kth.se
Thu Mar 18 08:03:57 EST 2004

Hi
I have a system with two routers one Juniper M10 and one Cisco. The routers
have a IBGP connection between each other and the cisco acts as border
router to the outside. I'm in the process of installing the juniper and
putting it as a second border router towards an IX. On the cisco I use the
"network" command to advertise our network and everything has been working
fine. The "problem" occurs whe I set up a IBGP connection between the two.
On the juniper I advertise an aggregated route and export it in the peering
with the cisco. When I do "show route 192.168.124.0" on the juniper I get:

peter at fredriksborg# run show route 192.16.124.0

inet.0: 418 destinations, 420 routes (417 active, 0 holddown, 1 hidden)
+ = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

192.168.124.0/22    *[Aggregate/130] 3d 18:57:04
                                  Reject
                                  [BGP/170] 1d 01:50:37, MED 0, localpref
100, from 192.168.124.2
                                     AS path: I
                                   > to 192.168.124.10 via fe-0/1/2.0

and the best route is the one received from the cisco not he local one. On
the cisco the bet route is the local one. Have i missed something in the
configuration? As I see it, the route originated from aggregate has a
preference of 130 and should rank higher than 170 of bgp.

Rgards,
Peter

---This is the configuration:

#show protocols bgp group ibgp
type internal;
local preference 100;
local address 192.168.124.1;
export ssvl;
peer-as 65002;
local-as 65002;
neighbor 192.168.124.2;

#show policy-options policy-statements ssvl
term ssvl {
    from {
            protocol aggregate;
            prefix-list ssvl;
    }
    then accept;
}
then reject;

#show policy-options prefix-list ssvl
192.168.124.0/22;

#show routing-options aggregate route 192.168.124.0/22
as-path{
    origin igp;
}
passive