[j-nsp] SCB Utilization Threshold?

Erik Haagsman erik at we-dare.net
Tue Mar 23 13:29:51 EST 2004

Hi Kashif,

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 18:34, Kashif.Khawaja at Broadwing.com wrote:
> What would be a good digit for the utilization of the SCB before we should raise and alarm
> and look at what might be going on to avoid service impact?

That's basically a very individual and site-speficic choice and it's
completely dependant on your base-line usage. If you normally only
utilise 5% and all of a sudden it starts doing 50%, chances are you've
got a problem. But if you're doing 50% under normal circumstances,
you're looking at higher percentages. I'm not really sure at what
percentage of usage routing performance starts to suffer, but I'd start
getting pretty worried round de 90% marker and I'd preferrably start
thinking about expanding my routing capacity  at 75% - 80% base-line
usage.

Cheers,

--
---