[j-nsp] OSPF Redistribution

Khawaja, Kashif Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com
Thu May 13 17:01:01 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Hopefully it is something simple I am overlooking in my configuration.
I have two routers (no other routers in the network) connected to
eachother (p2p link) in the same area (regular area). I have a /20 with
discard and high weight statically configured on each of them.

I see the /20s in the external LSAs on each router but the (non-local)
/20 does not show up in the routing table.

I have tried including the static protocol in the inject policy below
along with the route-filter ... and have tried it with only "from
protocol static" without the route filter as well to no avail.

Anybody know what I might be missing missing :)?

ROUTER A ------------->

show routing-instances PRIVATE routing-options
static {
    route 10.0.112.0/20 {
        discard;
        preference 254;
    }
}

show routing-instances PRIVATE protocols ospf
export inject;
area 0.0.0.1 {
    interface so-0/0/0.0 {
        metric 800;
    }
}

show policy-options policy-statement inject
from {
    route-filter 10.0.112.0/20 exact;
}
then {
    metric 1;
    accept;
}

ROUTER B -------------->

show routing-instances PRIVATE routing-options
static {
    route 10.0.96.0/20 {
        discard;
        preference 254;
    }
}

show routing-instances PRIVATE protocols ospf
export inject;
area 0.0.0.1 {
    interface so-0/0/0.0 {
        metric 800;
    }
}

show policy-options policy-statement inject
from {
    route-filter 10.0.96.0/20 exact;
}
then {