[j-nsp] fabric drops ?

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Fri May 14 04:43:51 EDT 2004

fabric drops are in general a big aggregate counter for many different
issues.  It  is  in most the cases far less an issue then it may sound
like.  If you want to break this up I strongly suggest that you create
a  case  with JTAC so they can have a look on the router. Also in case
you  have  FCS  errors  on  the  sonet link they will end up as fabric
drops.  Since  FCS  is  the  last  thing you do part of the packet are
already  deep  in  the  forward-complex  so  the ingress will tell the
fabric  there  is no need to forward this further since I noticed this
packets  has  an  error  hence trash it .... just as an example of one
contributor of fabric drops...

JF> Hi,

JF> does anyone know what fabric drops are ? (see last line)

JF> we have this counter increasing on all of our routers, but
JF> one of them has much more than the
JF> others.

JF> Can someone point me on the exact definition of this ? Thanks.

jfl at RE0.BB1.COU>> show pfe statistics traffic