[j-nsp] vlan-ccc and ip address configured on vlan

Peter L pel at scint.org
Mon May 24 08:51:29 EDT 2004

Hi
I'm a bit new to juniper and trying fix a problem. I have a juniper as the
border router for a network and the juniper has 4 different vlans connected
to it and every vlan is connected to several physical interfaces at the same
time.

The juniper is supposed to be default gw for all these vlans. My problem is
that I can't set the ip address on the vlans on the juniper and have the
interface "ccc" enabled. I would like to have bridging between the different
interfaces and use the juniper as default gw on every vlan. Is there another
way to do it? Can I set the ip of the vlan as a loopback thing?

my present configuration:

peter at fredriksborg# show interfaces ge-1/0/0
vlan-tagging;
unit 5 {
    description "lab network";
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 200;
    family inet {
        address 192.168.125.34/27;
    }
    family ccc;
}
unit 6 {
    encapsulation extended-vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 300;
    family ccc;

 and I tried this:

peter at fredriksborg# show interfaces ge-1/0/0
vlan-tagging;

encapsulation extended-vlan-ccc;
unit 5 {
    description "lab network";
    vlan-id 200;
    family inet {
        address 192.168.125.34/27;
    }
    family ccc;
}
unit 6 {
    vlan-id 300;
    family ccc;

on both occasions it complains when I commit check:

[edit interfaces ge-1/0/0 unit 5]
  'family'
Only the CCC family is allowed on CCC interfaces
error: configuration check-out failed

I it possible to solve this?

Thank you!
/Peter