[j-nsp] Routing-policy - import route into routing-instance

Sykes, Phil Phil.Sykes at cwe.cwplc.com
Thu Oct 14 05:27:53 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

 I'd like to be able to use routing-policy to import a route from BGP into a
particular routing-instance, based on community, e.g.

protocols {
	bgp {
		group foo {
			import move-to-instance;
		}
	}
}

policy-options {
	policy-statement move-to-instance {
		from {
			community instance-community;
		}
		then {
			routing-instance different-instance;
			^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (this command doesn't exist)
		}
	}
}

routing-instances {
    different-instance {
        instance-type forwarding;
    }
}

 I can't import this route via 'instance-import' in routing-instances,
because it is not (and must not be) the selected route in the router's
master routing-instance RIB (any way round that also gratefully received :-)

The BGP neighbor that the route is coming from does not necessarily support
multiple routing tables, and needs to be sending routes into the master
routing-instance.
 I don't really want to import routes into the different-instance, and then
export them into the master routing-instance, although I recognise that
might be one way of doing it.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Sykes, Senior Network Engineer
IP Engineering, Cable & Wireless Network Services

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive managed e-mail security service,  visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.