[j-nsp] Routing-policy - import route into routing-instance

Chris Hellberg chris at chrishellberg.com
Thu Oct 14 07:35:10 EDT 2004

Hi Phil,

You can do this with the vrf-import policy statement
within the routing-instance statement. So if you
wanted to import routes from two communities from a
BGP peer, you would do something like the following:

policy-options {
 policy-statement vpn-a-import {
    term vpn-a {
        from {
          protocol bgp;
          community vpn-a;
         }
        then accept;
     }
    term vpn-b {
         from {
          protocol bgp;
          community vpn-b;
          }
    then accept;
     }
 }
community vpn-a members target:1234:1;
community vpn-b members target:1234:2;
}

routing-instances {
    vpn-a {

      vrf-export vpn-a-export;
       vrf-import vpn-a-import;
    }
 }

The export statement is usually limited to just
tagging with the vpn-b community then accepting.

You could use the vrf target statement and perhaps an
extra import statement if you're not doing anything
much with policy control in your VPN.

Chris