[j-nsp] MPLS transport / 1GE-LH

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Oct 21 04:57:59 EDT 2004

> i am working on setting up MPLS here and am wondering if someone has a
> small code sniplet/example of the following:
>
> FE port on M20 -> STM16 -> FE port on M20
> I basically need to transport FE over the existing link.

Basic port mode Martini tunnel, one end (we have several of these):

interfaces {
    fe-0/3/0 {
        mtu 1568;
        encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
        unit 0;
    }
}

protocols {
    ldp {
        interface lo0.0;
    }
    l2circuit {
        neighbor a.b.c.d {
            interface fe-0/3/0.0 {
                virtual-circuit-id 42;
            }
	}
    }
}

Also, you need LSPs between the routers - these can be setup using
either LDP or TE/RSVP.

> Also i wonder if the Px-1GE-LH interfaces support CCC/MPLS vlans as
> there is no -B version of these. Anyone knows?

Given that there is both PB-1GE-LH and PB-1GE-LX-B in the price list,
and the latter specifically mentions "supports CCC-for-VLANs" while
the former does not (and correspondingly for the PE- PICS), I would
definitely check with JTAC if you have the PB-1GE-LH or the PE-1GE-LH.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no