[j-nsp] Copy of inet.0

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Fri Oct 29 17:51:20 EDT 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Pedro Roque Marques wrote:

> routing-instances {
>     test-route-table {
>         instance-type forwarding;
>         instance-import test-import;
>     }
> }

Which version?   6.4 gives me:

[edit]
jpayne at lab# show routing-instances

[edit]
jpayne at lab# set routing-instances FOO instance-type forwarding

[edit]
jpayne at lab# set routing-instances FOO instance-import BAR

[edit]
jpayne at lab# show routing-instances
FOO {
     instance-type forwarding;
     vrf-import BAR;
}

[edit]
jpayne at lab# commit
[edit routing-instances FOO]
   'vrf-import'
     RT: vrf-import cannot be configured for forwarding instance: FOO
error: configuration check-out failed

> - i.e. "instance-import" can be used instead of doing rib-groups for
> all protocols if you keep in mind that:
> - "instance-import" only imports active routes.

Will instance-import pull out individual routes from a multipath setup?
ie if I have multiple active multipath routes to a destination, can I
use instance-import to grab one of them?  (Based on community perhaps?)