[j-nsp] Generated prefix lists - simple solution to a range of problems?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Sep 27 18:34:33 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:11:29PM -0700, Gary Tate wrote:
> If there is a feature that you require then the way to get it into
> JunOS is to raise this as an ER through your Juniper Rep.

There are people on this list who don't have a "Juniper Rep" assigned
to them (e.g. consultants), but still regularily working with Junipers,
and do have some real influence into vendor gear selection. I wonder
wether it's wise to ignore those, just because they don't have a sales
pitch running. A pity that Juniper starts to go down this road more
and more.

Having an excellent product is NOT being achieved by "implementing
whatever the guy who throws most money on us pays us to do". The
biggest customer can easily be the most bankrupt next day. And the
larger the customer (and thus possible revenue), the farer away are
the people who talk to vendors from the people actually having to
work with the gear.

It's not like we're looking for a Doom server implementation in
JUNOS. :-P

Now back to our regular "voices from the base" talks. :-)

Regards,
Daniel, not having a "Juniper Rep" assigned to him, nor to his current
employer