[j-nsp] include-mp-next-hop

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Sep 27 20:21:15 EDT 2004

Hi,

when is this option actually needed, and what exactly does it do
in which scenarios? The docs are are extremely terse (about
"include-mp-next-hop makes the box include MP_NEXT_HOP". well, I
guessed that from the stanze name already). :-)

Yep, doc"bug" filed already. :-)

As far as I understand the abstract of the MP_NEXT_HOP IETF draft,
it is about e.g. announcing an IPv4 NEXT_HOP for IPv6 NLRI.

I'm asking because I'm seeing the following errors on a 12.2(25)S box:

%BGP-6-NEXTHOP: Invalid next hop (0.0.0.0) received from <IPv6 IBGP neighbor> : martian

The IPv6 IBGP neighbor is a JunOS 6.4R1 box, having
"include-mp-next-hop" enabled.

Best regards,
Daniel