[j-nsp] M7i routing engine memory upgrade

Lars Erik Gullerud lerik at nolink.net
Wed Sep 29 08:25:41 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:44, Przemek Krol wrote:
> Helo There,
>
> Our support has told us, that Juniper is during 'unification', and to
> upgrade Routing Engine on M7i
> we should purchase CFEB. Well, have to admit I'm a bit confused, cause
> always thought that CFEB is responsible for Packet Forward Enigne ( as
> far as i get it, online documentation doesn't say about CFEB in RE's
> context ).
> Am I wrong?

I believe what they _might_ be referring to is that the memory upgrade
options for the CFEB and the RE for the M7i/M10i now are the same part -
so to order RE memory upgrade, you need to order the "MEM-FEB-256-S"
parts (up to 3 x 256 total), whereas previously you had a "MEM-RE-<foo>"
part as well in the pricelists. Or, that you may want to upgrade your
CFEB from 128 to 256MB of memory at the same time that you upgrade your
RE memory (again, using the same part).

But I'm just guessing of course. (FYI, all the M7i's we have in use are
upgraded to 768MB on the RE-400s without any upgrades on the CFEB).

/leg