[j-nsp] M7i routing engine memory upgrade

Kisito Nguene Ndoum kisito at juniper.net
Wed Sep 29 08:38:21 EDT 2004

Yes, CFEB and RE are two separate parts of the M7i router.

You can upgrade the M7i RE memory to up to 768MB.

Few pointers

* M-Series specifications ( scroll down to Routing Engine )
http://www.juniper.net/products/mseries/100042.html#04

400 MHz (M7i, M10i)
    * 400-MHz Celeron processor with default 256-KB Level 2 cache
    * 256-MB SDRAM DIMMs, upgradeable to 512-MB or 768-MB SDRAM in 256-MB
increments
    * 20-GB IDE hard drive for secondary storage
    * Fast Ethernet RJ-45 port for out-of-band management
    * Two RS-232 (DB-9 connector) asynchronous serial ports for console and
remote management
    * Backup boot media
        * Optional PCMCIA card adapter and 256-MB compact flash card

* RE & SDRAM DIMM installation
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/common/fru-m7i-m10i-routing-engine.pdf
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/common/fru-sdram.pdf

- Kisito