[j-nsp] arp arp

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Fri Apr 1 05:28:00 EST 2005

is is an unknown address but it belongs to the subnet you have defined
correct ?  The arps are triggered once there is traffic destined to a
destination where we have no arp entry and we try to resolve this.
This kind of resolvement is throttled down in case you don't get an
answer. Usually you also would get a throttle entry in the message log
with the Interface index where the traffic enters the router. Then you
could log where this traffic is coming from and go from there.

So the cause of the arps are traffic you get which is destined to
a subnet where you never resolve an arp.

Josef