[j-nsp] Problem with routing FastEthernet

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Apr 12 10:40:05 EDT 2005

--On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:29 PM +0200 Alex Kitschkiruk
<juniper.m20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Help with juniper junos!!!
> I have received on work old M20 (Junos 4.4) there is only 4Port
> FastEthernet. I can not adjust a configuration that has earned. With most
> juniper I can ping all PC, connected to ports. But here computers each
> other do not see.
> IP PC1 192.168.1.20
> IP PC2 192.168.1.21
> all computers and ports in one network. Tried different reports,
> configurations... Anything...
> I something can is simple do not know... I begin
> Thank you !!!

Uhm....Unless all the PCs are connected to the same switch, as is all the
interfaces of the Juniper, this setup will just not work.  The PCs will all
believe that they're local to eachother and on the same LAN segment, if
they're not they won't find eachother via ARP.  Not sure what your'e trying
to accomplish by having four interfaces in the same subnet, but I doubt
it's what you want.