[j-nsp] Re: Problem with routing FastEthernet (2)

joshua sahala jejs+lists at sahala.org
Tue Apr 12 17:51:52 EDT 2005

On (12/04/05 22:49), Alex Kitschkiruk wrote:

> Hi!
> I have 2 PC & M20 with 4 Port FE.
> I want only to examine whether rout is functioned. That he routed.
> That packages are transferred from one computer to another.
> how can I make that better?

Alex,

Change the IP addresses on your interfaces

interfaces {
    fe-1/0/0 {
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                address 192.168.1.1/24;
            }
        }
    }
    fe-1/0/1 {
        unit 0 {
            family inet {
                address 192.168.2.1/24;
            }
        }
    }
}

They need to be in different subnets/networks - make the IP addresses of
your hosts 192.168.1.10/24 and 192.168.2.10/24, or something like that

hth

/joshua
fools.
	- Douglas Adams -