[j-nsp] File name for PCMCIA

C. Hagel nanog at lordkron.net
Thu Apr 14 12:13:00 EDT 2005

This will all depend.

Which PCMCIA card are you speaking of?  Are you talking about the
internally mounted PCMCIA?  If this is what you are looking for you do
not have to "detect" it as it is the main storage media the router boots
from.   You can do "show system storage" and see where the following are
mounted:

/               mounted on /dev/ad0
/config   mounted on /dev/ad0
/var         mounted on /dev/ad1

If you see somthing along those lines then the internal PCMCIA is
mounted and working.

If on the other hand you are looking to see the external
PCMCIA......once you insert it into the external slot you will see
messages telling you that it has been inserted.  The problem you are
going to run into is that you CANNOT see what the contents of that
PCMCIA are.

Hope that clears things up.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:14:04 +0000
"The Drifter" <prophecy_68 at hotmail.com> wrote:

TD> How can I detect the PCMCIA card in my router. And see the contents of the
TD> card and mounting.
TD>
TD> Thanks,
TD> Jimmy

C. Hagel           <nanog at lordkron.net>