[j-nsp] MTU size of fxp0

Ethern M.C. Lin ethern at ascc.net
Tue Apr 26 04:46:40 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

Actually this is an comparison trial between Juniper and Cisco.
I have modified the Cisco's managemnet port MTU from 1500
to 9216, and it could be a routed port. So I also want to try it
on the Juniper. If I succeed, I would have more than one routed
port. :)

But I can't get any configuration parameters on the
fxp0's configuration, so I assume that the fxp0's MTU size
can't be modified. But I also know that JunOS was originally
benefied from BSD, so I am not sure about this idea of the
MTU size is correct or not.

I also have tried to modified parameters in the /etc/rc.conf,
but it didn't work. So I need the expert's comments about
this.

:)

Regards,

Ethern