[j-nsp] OSPF LSAs

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Thu Apr 28 04:41:09 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:09:42AM +0200, Stefan Mink wrote:

Hi,

> >>Can somebody explain to me why there is a ASBR-Summary-LSA
> >>for AAA.BBB.CCC.35 in the database, but no external LSA from
> >>that router.
> >
> >Perhaps it is configured as a stub area?
>
> no, I don't use stub areas. But even if I would, would I get
> an ASBR-Summary-LSA without an external LSA?

If you have a stub area, there will be no external LSA's flooded in the
area. Instead, a summary LSA for the default route will be injected.
Which is what I saw in your 'show ospf database extern' (2 even).

Since you have a type 5 default, that sort of smells like a stub area :)

--
Sabri Berisha,
Juniper Certified - JNCIA #747	| Cisco Certified - CCNA