[j-nsp] OSPF LSAs

Stefan Mink mink at schlund.net
Thu Apr 28 04:49:22 EDT 2005

Sabri Berisha wrote:
> If you have a stub area, there will be no external LSA's flooded in the
> area. Instead, a summary LSA for the default route will be injected.
> Which is what I saw in your 'show ospf database extern' (2 even).

right, but originated by other routers

> Since you have a type 5 default, that sort of smells like a stub area :)

ah, ok. No, I have these routes in my entire network so I can reach
boxes even if their BGP sessions are down or not yet configured.

I found the cause of the E-Bit: the router had the
statement "default-information originate" in its config,
but no static default route, so it set the E-bit but
didn't emit any external route.

Thanks to everybody for hints! :)

    tschuess
              Stefan
--
Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA