[j-nsp] M10i commist sysc failed

jjsyed at aol.com jjsyed at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 10:08:59 EDT 2005

When we try to do "commit sync" on M10i's after making changes, the operation does not
complete. It takes for ever. We then have to kill it, log out, log in as root and kill
the session based on pid or terminal.  This happens because the master RE detects the
slave RE as "present" but the slave RE is not functioning at all.

Why is the slave RE in state "present" if it is not functioning? Should "commit sync" not time out and the slave RE be declared as being in a failed state.

thx

js