[j-nsp] M10i commist sysc failed

jjsyed at aol.com jjsyed at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 09:59:08 EDT 2005

Phil,

Why is the redundant RE's status "present"? If it is working properly it generally says, "backup", right? If it is not working, it should show a state of "failed". When the RE is in this state is there a syslog/snmptrap sent indicating this?

This is a big problem if one of the RE's is not functioning and the master RE knows nothing about it. We lose the redundancy when the master RE fails.

Please advice

js