[j-nsp] Juniper T1 Cross Connect M40

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Aug 11 16:19:54 EDT 2005

> > We have a juniper m40 and we are tring to setup a cross connect between 2
> > t1, (cisco-hdlc). The t1's come in to the m40 by a Channelized ds3. I am
> > looking on juniper site for some examples and reading up on it. just wonder
> > if anyone has tried this and if there is anything to watch out for??
> >

> I am also interested in this. Can the Juniper M40 act like a
> Eastern Research (aka Lucent DACS)? As in cross connecting
> DS0s, DS1s, and DS3s (STS1s).

Juniper routers are not TDM switches. A Juniper router can cross connect
between interfaces, but does so on a *packet* basis. We use it (for
various reasons) to cross connect between Ethernet VLANs, e.g.

interfaces {
    ge-3/0/0 {
        stacked-vlan-tagging;
        encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
        unit 1129 {
            vlan-tags outer 1579 inner 2650;
            encapsulation vlan-ccc;
        }