[j-nsp] High failure rates for M7i/M10i hard disks?

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Sat Aug 20 14:29:35 EDT 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, info at beprojects.com wrote:

> Yep.  We bought two new M7i and the hard drive on one crashed a little
> over 2 months after we bought it.  Took the whole router down.  Needless
> to say we were a little angry that it died that early in it's life.

Interesting stuff. I am happy to say though, on a different note,
we have only two M40s that were probably one of the original first
1000 built running strong to this day. Same flash, I replaced the
hard drives before they ever got to the point of being "bad".

Would you still recommend anyone buying the m7i model at this point?

matt