[j-nsp] High failure rates for M7i/M10i hard disks?

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:21:35 EDT 2005

On 8/22/05, Johannes Resch <jr at xor.at> wrote:

> to add another datapoint: within the last year, we had to RMA two RE-2.0
> because of failure of internal flash; opposed to zero HD-failures.

We just bought 5 new M7is.... two months later, 3 have had their REs
RMAd with HDD failures. Needless to say we're now refusing to put
these shoddy pieces of equipment into production until we get some
sort of explanation extracted from Juniper.

This together with the absolutely awful 'product' called the J6300
(bought 3, all 3 had hardware problems and constant crashes) is
seriously turning me off Juniper.